Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Coffee Goes Prime Time

If you have the American television station PBS (Public Broadcasting) you will have an opportunity to view "Black Coffee" tonight at 9 p.m. eastern standard time. The description: "Chronicling the growth of designer-coffee chains, such as Starbucks and Second Cup, and their impact on fair-trade practices" makes me wonder what the angle will be, but I am interested nevertheless.

Will they talk about my favourite, Beaner's? Doubtful, but it would be wondrous if they did. I spend most of my life in there. Of course, it's just around the corner from my flat, so that is to be expected I suppose.

I have begun the process of writing a play based on my experiences with coffee and Pal Mals. I may chronicle the process here, though I'm not sure it is the proper place. We shall see. For now, it's back to my nice hot cup of black coffee and perhaps a pal mal or two. The weather outside is dreadful.

No comments: